Ladies, Start Your Engines
is an automotive repair class for women that you can offer at your
own facility. Taught by automotive expert Lori Johnson, the goals
of this hands-on class are to:
· Empower the participants by giving
each woman the confidence to perform her own light automotive maintenance.
· Give women the language they need
to communicate and understand technical jargon.
Lori passes along the knowledge she has gained
from her many years of experience in the automotive industry, creating
an informed consumer and giving each woman the know-how to properly
maintain her own vehicle.
The class teaches women:
• How to change a tire
• How to check fluids and
add if necessary
• The basic understanding of how an engine works
• The basic knowledge of the braking system i.e. rotors, pads,
drums, shoes, calipers
• Battery maintenance
• How to check belts
• How to replace wiper blades